Solar Wolf Warranty & Maintenance Plan
Solar Wolf recommends an annual preventative & equipment maintenance service plan that includes monitoring/reporting, inspections, system repair, spare parts handling and warranty administration. Our service plan keeps your equipment efficient & profitable with ongoing inspections and ANNUAL CARE!
Each of these activities are summarized in the Preventive and Equipment Maintenance Service table below.
- Inspect for cracks or damage to panel, wiring or frame.
- Inspect for dirt, environmental debris, vegetation, or other shading.
- Inspect for damaged connectors, loose wires or retaining devices, & grounding issues.
- Inspect mounting system for damage, corrosion, and loose connectors.
- Inspect DC homeruns run for damaged/loose wires, debris, other damage, or conduit issues.
- Verify disconnects and validate latch integrity.
- Inspect inverter for corrosion, adequate ventilation, exterior damage, & environmental seals.
- Inspect all incoming and outgoing DC, AC, or data wires for wear or damage.
- Complete manufacturer recommended annual maintenance activities.
- Inspect disconnect latches & seals, validate disconnect functionality.
- Inspect AC electrical from the inverter, through the disconnects, or building electrical system for damage, wear, and functionality.
On Going Care
- Inspect existing monitoring systems for functionality as applicable and per manufacturing guidelines (includes inverter level).
As Needed Care
- Report, diagnose event, & provide estimate for repair or replacement.
- Replace fuses, terminal box, solar panel, inverter, or other major component repair replacement including disconnects, combiner boxes, etc.
- Resolve single wire issue between module & combiner box.
- Resolve ground wiring issues and ground faults.
- Administer all defective components and file warranty claims. In the event that a component is under warranty, charges will apply to manufacturer. Any uncovered labor or parts will be billed as specified in this agreement.